Digicel Group Test Engineer in Jamaica
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
The Digicel 2030 global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment.
Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
_Job Title:Test Engineer Location: Group Caribbean, Jamaica Expected Starting Period:Fourth Quarter 2017
The Test Engineer responsibilities involves developing and establishing quality assurance testing standards and measures across the IT systems and applications. He/she ensures these standards are implemented to achieve the quality that matches the business objectives.
The successful candidate will gather and analyze data including the review of systems/product requirements. He/she will also develop test plans and scripts, track and facilitate defect resolution, and apply analytical problem-solving skills by collaborating with business and technical staff throughout the testing process. He/she will create and maintain documentation on all testing activities.
- First/Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years experience in an environment with with service delivery in the mobile / fixed server providers
- _Demonstrated ITIL best practices experience related to Testing and Quality assurance _
- Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams
- Understanding and experience with multiple vendor, enterprise applications and large relational database, distributed infrastructures (such as large, distributed ERP applications
- _Experience testing web based and middleware integrated applications _
- _Skill-set for effective status reporting (including PowerPoint presentations as needed) and senior management communications _
- _Core strengths must include excellent communication and coordination skills inclusive of team leadership, relationship management and mentoring _
- _GSM and Fix network including IP TV, Internet and VOIP knowledge _
- _Proven application testing experience that includes testing of distributed applications on a variety of platforms such as DB2, SQL, UNIX, Client Server, and Web _
- _Ability and willingness to work on a collaborative geographically dispersed team _
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Passion towards quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Strong process definition skills
Job Title: Test Engineer
Job Function: Information Technology
Location: Jamaica - Group Caribbean