Digicel Group Network Transport Manager in Jamaica
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
The Digicel 2030 global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment.
Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
_Job Title: Network Transport Engineer Location:Group Caribbean,* Jamaica *Expected Starting Period: Fourth Quarter 2017
The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience. As the Network Transport Engineer you will provide level 2 technical support to the Fixed and Mobile Global Network Operations Centre and local field force. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving network KPI’s and future growth through continual capacity management, design optimization and network surveillance practices.
- BEng, BSc , National Diploma in a Telecommunications or Electronics/Electrical related field
- Minimum 10 Years in a Fixed or Mobile planning environment with at least 5 years being spent in a management role
- _Line management of up to 10 Design / Planning engineers _
- Ability to build teams and to communicate easily with Senior managers and team members
- SDH-SONET / DWDM / GPON / PDH / IP network design and operation support
- IP/MPLS knowledge
- Capacity planning and End to End Engineering Management of the Digicel Fixed Fibre and Microwave networks located in the CALA region
- CCNA/CCDP preferred
- Knowledge of Ericsson and ZTE and/or Huawei transmission products
Job Title: Network Transport Manager
Job Function: Technical
Location: Jamaica - Group Caribbean