Digicel Group IP Engineer in Jamaica
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network. Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes. The_ Digicel 2030_ global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment. Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience. Visitwww.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Job Title:IP Engineer Location:Group Caribbean - Jamaica Expected Starting Period:Fourth Quarter 2017
Summary/Objective: The IP Network Engineer is responsible:
- for the technical system operations, and maintenance of Digicel’s IP infrastructure. This includes the enterprise core and edge networks, WiMAX broadband core and access networks, international points of presence in Miami and New York.
- for providing technical expertise for the continued development of the Wireless broadband IP infrastructure and providing technical support to key stakeholders in developing and implementing products and services to enable Digicel to deliver high quality Internet and wireless broadband services to our customers and business partners.
- for the seamless integration of the existing Internet/IP and Data infrastructures across the region in providing an efficient, homogenous, autonomous and secure environment, capable of satisfying the needs and expectations of our customers and Regional networks.
- B.Sc. or equivalent with
- At least five (5) years’ experience in IP & Data technology
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Knowledge of Network configuration, design and management, including router, firewall, network Access servers, core network, WIFI/WiMAX, CPE’S, BGP peering and domain management
- Knowledge of Data Communications, including an in depth understanding of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols, Video, Frame relay, ATM, wireless technologies and VOIP.
- Knowledge of network equipment: routers, bridges, RAS, BRAS and switches
- Knowledge of host based, network security, firewalls, intrusion detection, and syslog.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
Job Title: IP Engineer
Job Function: Technical
Location: Jamaica - Group Caribbean