Digicel Group Enterprise Architect in Jamaica
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network. Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes. The Digicel 2030 global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment. Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience. Visitwww.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect
Location: Jamaica Expected Starting Period: Third Quarter 2017
The Enterprise Architect will be focused on building out IT architecture to enable critical new technology capabilities across the organization in support of our digital strategy, real time processing, interoperability, system integration, predictive analytics and reporting to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
Working closely with the business, application, security and IT infrastructure teams, the Enterprise Architect will analyze business and technical problems, and develop the appropriate framework to deliver business solutions that will meet business’s needs now and in the future.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts to design IT systems and programs
- Ensure that IT systems and programs to be implemented are in synchronization with the needs of the business organization
- Collaborate with solution architects and network architects to provide enterprise solutions
- Manage and secure IT assets and frequently update them to meet changing demands of the business
- Prepare proposals and cost estimation of designing and implementing IT programs and systems
- Work with network architects and vendors to enhance sharing of resources to improve information flow and minimize costs
- Assist managers in developing policies and guidelines regarding the design and implementation of IT within the enterprise
Educate anon-technical employees on how to utilize programs and software in managing work duties Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline, Masters is preferred, with advance coursework or training in Enterprise Architecture
- Training and certifications in Information Technology, computer networking, and database management are desirable
- Project Management and Agile/Scrum training is required for the Enterprise Architect role
- Six (6) years of progressive development and systems architecture experience with a broad range of technologies and platforms
Cloud Computing and service-oriented architecture experience is highly desirable Functional Skills:
Computer Knowledge: An enterprise architect must be computer savvy, meaning having a profound knowledge of computer languages such as C++, Basic.NET, Java, and HTML is very important
- Must have good knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows and Linux) and application servers
- Strong business and analytical thinking skills; must be able to understand the business aspects of the job such as the profitability of an IT system before proposing it for a firm and should be able to assist business managers in selecting and installing cost effective systems
- Enterprise Architect must be able to communicate effectively with team members and non-technical persons, i.e. good at issuing instructions and explaining things in easy to comprehend manner
- Must have good project management ability and must be able to schedule projects and monitor their implementation
- An Enterprise Architect must be very time conscious, completing projects within the given time frames before deadlines
- Other important qualities have to be suited for the job includes the ability to manage a team, attention to detail, and good interpersonal skills.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect
Job Function: Information Technology